My bus has been down for about 4 years now and I am itching to get it going again. There is a lot of work to be done. I need to put together the engine, restore the gas tank, replace all fuel lines and make sure the brakes are in working order. Most of this stuff is going to cost dollars which I do not have right now due to my job situation.
I have most of the engine parts already and have procrastinated at putting it together. I finally got started at putting the engine together. At least the short block is done. I closed the case this past weekend. I am getting the pistons and cylinders ready to install along with the heads. After that I will need to start spending money on valve train parts so things will slow down until I get a job. But I feel good that this has started.
The distributor is a 019 with a pertronix ignitor inside. I don't want to mess with points and condenser. I also have a beefed up generator stand. I have broke one in the past. This one is pretty bullet proof. I also have 30mm oil pump due to the remote oil filter and cooler that needs to pumped. The berg cover has a pressure relief just in case of too much oil pressure.
This case has been strengthened by welding behind the #3 cylinder and shuffle pins. I had this done a few years ago. The case was a type 3 case converted to a type 2 case. I had to add the bolt for mounting, dipstick and open the mount holes for the stock oil cooler. I also tapped all the oil galley plugs. Hopefully this case will be solid.
You may notice to the right below the distributor, there are two ports that are duct taped over. These ports were also added when the case was strengthened. This is a full flow modification that my machinist added which I have used in other cases. I like the mod.
That is what I have so far. I should get the piston, cylinders and heads on soon. So I will post once that happens.